Common Indicators That You Need to Contact an Immigration Lawyer

It can be overwhelming to deal with the immigration process on your own since there will be several steps to take and a lot of documents to complete. Though the USCIS claims that you can complete the process without the help of a lawyer, there are particular instances where contacting an immigration lawyer could either make or break your application.


Refused immigration application

Has your visa application or green card been refused? Chances are the USCIS may need more information about us or it could be due to missing information on your submitted application. Regardless of what situation you’re in, remember that the denial is not permanent. A lawyer can help you determine what is missing so that the denial will be reversed. n

You’ve received a notice of a deportation order

Regardless if you get an order of deportation, you still have the right to challenge the court decision. All it takes for the appeals process to be successful is an excellent lawyer who knows the immigration courtroom’s ins and outs.

You are inadmissible

Inadmissible implies that you’re not legally acceptable in the United States. But in other cases, inadmissibility can be reversed. There’s a higher chance that you can do so by hiring an immigration lawyer who can review the determination and allow you to repair any problems that hold you back.

You’re not sure which visa you need

Visas come in many types, depending on your reason for entering the United States. If you are unsure which visa you need to use for your application, you can consult a reputable immigration lawyer.

You’re struggling with the whole admission process

When it comes to the immigration process, every step you take can be complex. When you think you’re overwhelmed or struggling, don’t hesitate to call for the expert’s help. An immigration lawyer can listen to your concerns and guide you through the entire procedure—from beginning to end.

Here are other reasons why you should consult with a lawyer who practices immigration:

  • You’re attempting to transfer to the US to work for an employer from the US and it has never helped you with the immigration process.
  • You’ve committed a criminal offense or have been convicted of a criminal offense and are attempting to enter the United States or keep yourself from being removed from the US.
  • You’re applying for an investment-based visa.
  • You’ve been deported from the United States and want to apply to return.
  • You require emergency assistance with an immigration matter.
  • You’re finding it hard to get immigration benefits, such as citizenship, USCIS green card, etc., probably because they request you to give more evidence.
  • You want to request for any type of discretionary relief, like a waiver or an asylum, which involves influencing the authorities of immigration to offer you the perks that might not be offered ordinarily to another applicant in your position or make an exception.